Thursday, October 1, 2015

Wrap up of the Atomic Structure and Radioactivity Unit

 Today, we took our Atomic Structure and Radioactivity test, signaling the end of the unit. The test was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be, but there was one question for sure that confused me. (A certain element's half life is 3.1 minuets. How much of the 155 g sample be left after .40 hours. I knew how to solve it, but the answer I got every time didn't match any of the answers on the test which was frustrating) I also thought there would be more questions about the scientists that discovered the different parts of the atoms or more questions about Average Atomic mass/percent abundance. Overall, I thought the test was fairly easy and I think I managed to do pretty good on it.
http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Me5a5efe153f6211e018671dacab33138H0&pid=15.1


Some study tools that I used are:
SoftSchoolQuizzes for reviewing half lives
ProProfs for reviewing chemical equations and parts of the atom
Study Guides and practice sheets on Schoology
Notes from powerpoints in class

No comments:

Post a Comment