Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Spectroscopic Anaylsis of Cobalt and Copper Ion

Today we used a spectrophotometer to determine each ions transmittance and incident of light. It was an extremely monotonous and time consuming lab. Every time we changes the wavelength on the machine we had to reset it with a water test tube. It seemed almost pointless to do this lab, but we are going to use the information to analyze it on a graph. Hopefully that helps me understand the purpose behind the lab.
Explanation of how to use the machine


2 comments:

  1. This was probably the most boring and pointless lab we've done, I found it very tedious and I felt I was going to go insane every time I had to change the dials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great explanation of the lab, Megan. And thanks for including the link on how to use the machine!

    ReplyDelete