Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Solubility Lab

Lab on Solubility

I was extremely nervous for this pre-lab quiz because I was not present for the lesson the day before and the quiz was basically a test of your knowledge of solubility rules and what they had just learned. I had to study a lot last night and it payed off because both Liesel and I passed the pre-lab and got to go back and do the lab!

Overall the lab was simple and easy to follow. We had a chart of many different compounds and we had to cause a reactions between two of the compounds every time until we did all the possibly reactions. Basically we dropped a some of one chemical into the well and then added the other one and looked to see if a precipitate formed. It was fairly noticeable when a participate formed because it either changed color, had an obvious solid in the liquid, or became cloudy.
It was a fun and interesting lab to see whether or not your work of all the equations was correct since we had to predict whether or not a solid would form.

If you are confused on what we did in lab today, here is a video that explains it a little more:
Solubility Lab

1 comment:

  1. I loved to do this lab it was a lot of fun and I actually passed a pre-lab quiz. I loved all of the colors that it made because they were really pretty.

    ReplyDelete